Practical Tips for Your Business
A Team remains dedicated to excellent client services and ensuring the seamless continuity of our operations. To assist you in overcoming the challenges, we offer practical tips for your business and support:
o Take care of Yourself and your Team
– as they say before liftoff, if oxygen masks drop during flight, secure your own mask first before attempting to help others. The same is true for your business. You and your employees are essential assets. As anxiety levels rise, it’s crucial to prioritize your personal well-being while also considering the needs of your workforce. In addition to implementing remote work arrangements, it may be necessary to provide short-term loans or advances, as well as flexibility in hours and requirements, to adapt to the evolving conditions.
o Take advantage of NYC relief programs
– Businesses may qualify for low-interest loans and employee retention grants. Businesses with fewer than 100 employees, with decrease sales up to 25% or more will be eligible for Zero Interest Loan up to $75,000 to help mitigate losses in profit. The City also offers eligible small businesses with fewer than five employees a grant to cover 40% of payroll costs for two months to help retain employees. Learn more at https://www1.nyc.gov/site/sbs/index.page
o Stagger staff in the office
– while some businesses can operate remotely, not all can. To maintain a necessary onsite presence, allow staff to determine best options that result in smooth workflow – perhaps one week on/ one week off scheduling- and adapt as needed
o Provide special customer service
– you’ve spent time building relationships with your Clients. Consider how you might provide special services or support, perhaps assisting with a special project or help navigate remote operations.
o Evaluate your own business practices
– In a fast-paced work environment, we often find ourselves lacking sufficient time to pause and evaluate our own trends. Which hinders the advancement for future growth. This presents a perfect opportunity to dedicate time and attention to insightful analysis and unwavering focus, so you can adapt strategies and tactics to your evolving work dynamics.
o Let the A Team help you With These Practical Tips for Your Business!
– We all hope a crisis is short lived but here with the ATeam we’ve been streamlining accounting processes, evaluating accounting technology, and implementing solutions so you’re always prepared. A Team has worked for hundreds of companies over the last 19 years and would be delighted to assist any way we can.
Have a question? Need advice? More than ever, we are here to help. Reach out to Tedd Drattell at email@example.com or call 516-680-3495.